Sunday, June 06, 2010

"hearing" God

today i took colton and aiden to the store with me. aiden had birthday money that she wanted to spend and on this particular day, colton needed to be anywhere that chase was not. they have been "relationally challenged" lately. and most of the time i can't pin-point who or what the problem is. i have somewhat successfully convinced myself that this is just a phase that will be outgrown as quickly as it came, but for now...separation seems to work.

aiden is starting kindergarten in the fall, so she has been promoted at church to the school age sunday school department. she gets to go in with her boys and we have been talking this up for the past several weeks. on the way home from our grocery day of separation and fun, i asked her about it. here is how the conversation went:

me: "so aiden......how did you like your new class this morning?"

aiden: "it was good. the teachers really love God."

me: "do you love God?"

aiden: "a little bit."

me: "what would make you love him more than a little bit?"

aiden: "if he would talk to me."

the conversation didn't end there, but i did appreciate her honesty. and i even wondered if sometimes i didn't feel the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth's of babes....WoW!

Anonymous said...

She is a girl after my own heart and thoughts! Out of the mouths of babes!

Heather